Sunday, September 11, 2016 – Morristown, NJ
Gran Fondo NJ is back for its fifth year. We offer challenges to cyclists of all abilities, from our 107 mile Gran Fondo route with more climbing than you could ask for (and great rest stops too) to our 18 Mile Breve route. Our goal is for you to have fun, be challenged, and never have to look at a cue sheet during your ride. Each of our 6 rest stops is stocked with the usual fare you would expect on a challenging ride, and featured treats that will surprise you. With timing only on the hill climbs, we offer a serious athletic challenge for our competitive participants, with the ability to wait at the tops of the climbs for others in your group without worrying about “losing time”.
Gran Fondo NJ offers some of the most beautiful and challenging cycling terrain in the east. Our 62-mile Medio route was named by the editors of Bicycling Magazine to their list of “The 50 Best Rides in America.”
For more information about this exciting ride, take a look at the Gran Fondo NJ Home Page:
I strongly encourage any and all of you to consider one of these great routes. You do not need to select the 100 mile route if you do not want to make that commitment. I am looking for club members to ride all four routes if they wish. All are challenging and all are beautiful. Here are additional details on the four available routes:
Come and ride one of our Five Fantastic Routes
The routes we are considering for Gran Fondo NJ 2016 can be found below. Downloading them to your GPS device is easy! Just click on the route you want and follow the directions on the RideWithGPS website.
- Breve Fondo: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4869336
Distance: 17.7 mi
Elevation: +1239 / -1244 ft.
- Piccolo Fondo: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4869364
41.8 mi, 1 Timed Climb
Elevation: +3213 / -3217 ft.
- Medio Fondo: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4869415
61.8 mi, 2 Timed Climbs
Elevation: +4899 / -4904 ft.
- MiGrane(e) Fondo: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10385166
75.2 mi, 3 Timed Climbs
Elevation: +8137 / -8142 ft.
- Gran Fondo: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4873652
106.7 mi, 4 Timed Climbs
Elevation: +8137 / -8142 ft.
Special Discount and Sponsorship by Merrick Bicylcles:
Merrick Bicycles is proud to be a part of this Epic ride with the MBPC and are offering the following to the club in order for the team to fly the colors of the shop. All athletes are encouraged to wear our kit (jersey/bib) at the time of the race. This is certainly not mandatory but we will offer some perks for all participants that race in our kit, they are as follows:
- Jersey pricing. MSRP$99.99 MBPC GFNJ rider $59.99
- Bib pricing. MSRP$139.99 MBPC GFNJ rider $79.99
- Upon purchase of the kit all team members will receive a 20% discount at Merrick Bicycles from the point of purchase until the date of the event (09/11/2016)
- All orders for the shop kit must be received by (07/11/2016) in order to ensure delivery before the event. Team members would be encouraged to come to the shop to ensure the fit.
- All orders must be paid in full with no cancellations.
Here are some additional details about pricing for individuals or with the team discount along with the dates that the prices go up. We get the team discounted prices ONLY if you sign up with our team password.
I am not allowed to post the team name or password on Facebook but if you have any interest at all in this event, please contact me directly and I will provide you the registration details (Andy Scheferman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 516-650-6539 cell).