In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in Massapequa Park Bicycle Club (‘club’) sponsored activities (‘Activity’) I for myself , my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
- Acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of Bicycling Activities and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that the Activity will be conducted over public roads and facilities opened to the public during the Activity and upon which the hazards of travel are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue participation in the Activity.
- Fully understand that;
- Bicycling activities involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death (‘Risks’):
- These risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of ‘releases’ named below;
- There may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, cost and damages I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
- Hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue the club, LAB, the respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises of which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the ‘releases’ herein) free from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by the negligence of the ‘releases’ or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this waiver of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement, I or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the releases, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the releases from any litigation expenses, attorneys’ fees, loss, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed freely and without inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, not withstanding, shall continue to be in full force and effect.
I further understand that I must be 18 years of age or otherwise accompanied by parent or guardian and do herby agree to wear an ANSI or Snell approved helmet during the activity.