|2019 Tour Sponsors
The 2019 MPBC Tour of the Hamptons is Sunday, September 22.
Register for the TOH at BikeReg.com.
Please bring your gently used coats, clothing and boots for donation to Maureen’s Haven and to Timothy Hill Children’s Ranch.
- The Tour starts in Southampton and travels through mostly flat terrain and rolling hills on the south fork of Long Island. Riders will pass farmlands, beaches, mansions and historic towns such as East Hampton, Amagansett and Montauk before returning to Southampton.
- The Tour has routes of 25, 53, 70, 105 miles and 25-mile guided rides (see more information about Escorted Rides below). A portion of the Tour proceeds fund contributions to the Southampton Fresh Air Home, the Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center, The Retreat in Easthampton, scholarships for Easthampton, Southampton and Massapequa High Schools, and the MPBC Bikes-for-Kids program at the holidays.
- Registration: Pre-paid registration is $55 and is available online only. Online registration closes Friday, September 20, at 5:00 PM ET. Tour Day registration is $65, payable in cash or check. Credit and debit cards will not be accepted. There is no mail-in registration.
- Registration opens at 7:00 a.m. on the day of the Tour AND CLOSES AT 10:00 AM.
- Rest stops will include plenty of food and refreshments, and hero sandwiches will be served at the end of the ride.
- Registrations on the day of the Tour must be paid via check or cash. Credit or debit cards will not be accepted.
Suggested Start Times: 105-mile route 7:30 a.m., 53 and 70-mile routes 8:00 a.m., 25-mile route 9:00 a.m.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Town of Southampton is requiring all participants to submit a NOTARIZED Indemnification/Hold Harmless Agreement (at BikeReg.com). We are bound to submit original, notarized forms to Southampton Town immediately following the Tour. Although we will have the form and notaries available at check-in on Tour Day for you to fill out, WE STRONGLY URGE AND WOULD PREFER that you download it and bring the completed and notarized form with you to expedite your check-in. Notaries will only be available until 10:00 AM. We apologize for this inconvenience, but we must adhere the the Town’s Rules & Regulations in order to hold the event.
New 2019 TOH Jerseys are available at BikeReg.com/toh.
Information Regarding Escorted Rides
In order to provide a safe riding environment and keep the group moving at a reasonable pace, please note the following:
- All escorted rides will depart between 8:30 & 9:30 am.
- Limit of 10 riders per group. Each group will be sent out when the limit is reached.
- Road or hybrid bike in good functioning condition (no mountain or BMX bikes).
- Helmets are MANDATORY; minimum age of rider: 14 years
- No child seats or trailers will be allowed.
The Tour Closes at 5:00 p.m.
Helmets Are Required For All Riders Regardless of Age. All Riders Are Required to Follow The Rules of The Road Including Riding Single File.