MPBC has Started Group Rides – Restrictions Apply
The MPBC Board has actively discussed how we can begin to hold sanctioned club rides once again in light of the global pandemic we are all dealing with. With that in mind, we have decided to open up our ride calendar for sanctioned rides as of Friday July 3rd. We are also bringing back the Show-and-Go rides using these guidelines effective November 1, 2020. These rides will be tightly controlled by the following restrictions guidelines.
- Rides are for MPBC 2020/2021 Club members only.
- All MPBC Ride leaders should email Alan Sherman our membership chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send them a current membership list.
- Please note that we will definitely need more ride leaders for this to work so anyone even thinking about leading a small ride is strongly encouraged to reach out to Alan and any board member if they have questions or concerns.
- MPBC suggests small sanctioned rides with a maximum of 10-12 riders including the leader.
- The ride leader has full discretion to set the number of riders allowed on their ride based on their comfort level.
- It is suggested that leaders post their rides with their email address on the MPBC calendar 48 hours or more in advance.
- Ride posts should clearly state the number of riders allowed on this ride and their individual deadline for signing up for the ride.
- Riders must sign up by emailing the ride leader no later than 24 hours before the ride (First come, First Served).
- The ride leader has full discretion if they wish to relax this 24 hour window or expand it based on their availability to plan a ride.
- Riders must email the leader with the following information or their request will not be approved
- Their name
- Their email address
- Their contact number
- Their emergency contact number
- Ride leaders will verify membership before accepting any rider for a ride.
- Do not show up for a ride unless the ride leader has replied to your email saying you are on the list for this ride.
- As we begin Show-and-Go rides effective November 1st (MPBC members only), any ride leader who decides to lead a ride in the lot has the freedom to set a limit of riders. Once that limit has been reached, that ride is closed.
- If the ride leader is comfortable and if they can verify membership, we will allow some additional riders to be added in the lot as long as the ride leader’s limit is not exceeded.
- No joining the group in progress if you did not pre-register with the leader.
- Do not show up if you are feeling ill in any way or if anyone in your family or who you recently had contact with is known to be ill.
- Do not show up if you have traveled outside the Tri-State area and have not been home quarantined for at least 14 days and you are symptom free.
- Riders must have a mask + hand sanitizer and gloves.
- It is suggested that cyclists should ride in a single file and at least 2 bike lengths apart, whenever possible. Close-up pace-lining is not permitted.
- If possible and safe, ride two abreast and then space out the riders in each pace-line.
- Proper social distancing of at least 6 feet must should be maintained at the start and at all times during the ride, including rest stops, red lights, stop signs, “mechanical” stops, etc.; where this is not possible, face coverings (masks, Buffs, neck gaiters, etc.) must be worn and “up”.
In addition to helping to keep all members of MPBC and their families safe, these guidelines should be looked at as a way for MPBC to set a good example for the community and present the club in a positive way. We hope you will all agree with this point and help to put our club in the best light possible during these trying times.